I seem to work closing most of the time these days at work, which is all very well and good, but it can be rather odd at times. Today, since there were four of us closing and one was a trainee practicing on register, I mostly floated around doing odd-jobs (restocking, prep for the next day, rewriting signs, etc.). I'm also waiting for my boss to ask me to fix all the broken cabinets and things, since I put the tea racks up on the wall on Tuesday (Wednesday? whatever). The place is falling apart, but they'd have to pay me a lot more than $8 an hour to get me to re-hinge 15 cabinets and put new handles on them, not to mention fixing the broken shelves and things. Sorry, but no.
On the other hand, the assistant manager is ordering me a copy of the Coffeemaster training program. I can actually taste the differences between the coffees I've tried, and becoming a coffeemaster would earn me a black apron, a raise, and a chance at becoming a shift manager (note, I don't want to manage, but it's a lot more of a raise, and would be smart if I'm going to be sticking around with the Big Damn Coffee Shop for a while). It's like wine-tasting, but less alcohol and more caffeine.
My Zen calendar continues to cough up weirdness. Here was today's, from Zen koan:
Three monks, Hseuh-feng, Ch'in-shan, and Yen-t'ou, met in the temple garden. Hseuh-feng saw a water pail and pointed to it.
Ch'in-shan said: "The water is clear and the moon reflects its image."
"No, no," Hseuh-feng said, "it is not water, it is not moon."
Yen-t'ou turned over the pail.
Say it with me, kiddies: what the fuck?
2. Single or Taken:
3. Favorite Movie:
4. Favorite Song:
5. Favorite Band/Rapper/Artist:
6. Dirty or Clean:
7. Tattoos and/or Piercings:
HERE COMES THE FUN ... ... ...
1. Do we know each other outside of LiveJournal?
2. What's your philosophy on life?
3. Would you have my back in a fight?
4. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest?
5. What is your favorite memory of us?
6. Would you give me a kidney?
7. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you:
8. Would you take care of me when I'm sick?
9. Can we get together and make a cake?
10. Have you heard any rumors of me lately?
11. Do you/have you talk(ed) crap about me?
12. Do you think I'm a good person?
13. Would you drive across country with me?
14. Do you think I'm attractive?
15. If you could change anything about me, would you?
16. What do you wear to sleep?
17. Would you come over for no reason just to hang out?
18. Would you go on a date with me if I asked you?
19. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together?
20. Will you post this so I can fill it out for you?
Am tired, but the damn original femmeslash from hell is nibbling on my brain. It's in the last stretch, too, so I'm going to stay up and work on it. There will be a funny convo about it posted tomorrow, but this post is long already.
*title is from JS Bach's "Coffee Cantata"; Ah! How sweet the coffee's taste is. I still don't drink it, but *shrugs* whatever.