Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
I respond by asking you
You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions. Or not, as is your choice. I don't believe in forcing memes on others. Peaceful propagation! :D
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them
1. What got you so interested in Stargate?
The interplay between science fiction and mythology. The fact that it takes place now, so one doesn't have to wrap one's brain around a far-into-the-future utopia (Trek, Firefly (the Alliance is an evil United Federation of Planets, in my mind). The team interplay. The fact that the show has strong female characters who are useful because they're smart rather than just sexy. Daniel Jackson is a great character
2. Is there anything interesting, at all, that you've managed to pick out of CLAS170 so far? (For me, it was the "Bride of Death" category of stock characters, which we totally skipped over in the IB curriculum, and I feel was actually a useful division).
That would be a no. I know the majority of what we've learned so far, the textbooks are crap, the translations of the plays and poems are pretty awful. This class is really a waste.
That being said, we might do something more interesting before the end of the semester, but I am not optimistic.
3. Is there any issue you can think of in which you take the "conservative" side?
Um...I don't think so, no. The thing is, there are certain things I don't have an opinion on, and the rest I'm pretty liberal to ridiculously liberal. I honestly can't think of anything.
4. What was your favorite pre-1998 computer game, if any?
Dude, I don't even remember back that far.
Ah, yes, Gizmos & Gadgets came out in 1993 and The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain in 1995. Puzzle games, both of them. I'm such a dork.
5. Recommend unto everyone a must-read author.
Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles and the book of short stories (Book of Enchantments); dunno about her other stuff
Garth Nix's Abhorsen series
everything by Amelia Atwater Rhodes; she's kind of like a mini-Anne Rice, but not insane