ibneko tagged me a while ago to put up six facts about myself on the 'net, and I'm going to use that to recount the last week and a half or so:
- As of last Monday, I'm working as a Barista at one of the local Starbucks. I've already finished my basic training, so I'm working register and slowly learning how to mark cups and mix drinks. Work is lots of fun, surprisingly, with some fun stories (the woman who came in and wanted an Atkins-friendly drink, the gentleman who ordered two pounds of ground coffee and the bag slipped out of the machine when I was grinding it and spilled half a pound of ground House Blend all over the counter, the half-dozen people who asked if my necklace was a tattoo). I wind up coming home from work covered in coffee/mocha syrup/permanent marker, but the pay's not bad and the environment's great. Anyone local to me who needs a job for the summer should apply to work there, too; it's insanely easy to get hired right now, and it's a great job.
- I went to Pride Prom on campus on Saturday, a dance sponsored by Pride Alliance, the LGBTQA organisation, with the goal of letting people who might not have been able to be open at their own prom because of their sexual orientation. Lots of fun, and I got lots of compliments on my outfit (see below) and danced for something like four hours. The highlight was certainly watching the portion of the Satanic Mechanics at the party dance to "Time Warp" (speaking of, I got to dance with one of the guys who played Rocky, so that was fun, too).
- For the dance, I bought myself a pair of black, knee-high boots. They've got a 1" platform at the toe, a 4" heel, and lacing all up the front, with a zipper up the side. I wore them with seamed fishnets, the dress I wore to graduation, and my tattoo necklace. Worked really well, I'm glad to say, and I got so many compliements on it, so that was cool.
- triannamaxwell's home, so she wandered by work today and kept me company for an hour or so. It's great to see you, babe; we've got to hang out this summer.
- I had the most uncomfortable conversation about sexuality, specifically mine, with Mum today. Thank God she's a shrink; I think that's the only thing that kept her from freaking out on me. Oh well.
- I don't think I'm ever going to get the smell of coffee out of my clothes/hair/skin. Oh dear.