So, I do these two memes every year (though I'm likely adding a few more this year). I'm probably going to do them all today and tomorrow, so prepare to be spammed.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year. Will certainly be making some this year, but not for a few days (have to figure out where a few things stand, first.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
a girl from down the hall died last spring
5. What countries did you visit?
Florida's another country, right? :P
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
an SO, good grades (almost exactly the same line I used last year, amusingly enough)
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
uh...I'm bad with dates...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
managing to not completely lose my mind
9. What was your biggest failure?
college; 'nuff said (same line from last year...)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
surgery in January, wisdom teeth out this summer, a loss of sanity...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
s1-s10 of Stargate on DVD :D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
kashmir_ki_kali, starkravingsane, C (the roommate), A (my co-director)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
Mum, certain former members of my cast, me
14. Where did most of your money go?
Stargate con, t-shirts, Stargate DVDs
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
fanfic, Stargate, The Vagina Monologues
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007?
"What Do You Hear in These Sounds?" - Dar Williams
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? sadder
ii. Richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
spending time with friends, studying for classes, writing (repetition, again)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
procrastinating like whoa, not going to class (and again...)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Stargate SG-1, Supernatural
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Good Omens (Neil Gaiman owns my soul)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
The night before my birthday, I had a fight with my family over nothing at all. And then the day after, the girl from down the hall died. So yeah, I don't remember what I did the day of. I was 20, by the way.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
finally getting the college thing right
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
dominatrix geek (still fits...)
32. What kept you sane?
kashmir_ki_kali, starkravingsane, teh intarwebs
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michael Shanks (and again)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
gay rights/marriage, upcoming election (and again)
35. Who did you miss?
my sanity, my muse, my so-called life (heh, this isn't funny)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
C and A
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
No matter what I do, my mother still won't be happy with me.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't go to therapy to find out if I'm a freak. I go and I find the one and only answer, every week. And it's just me and all the memories to follow, down any course that fits within a fifty minute hour. "What Do You Hear in These Sounds?", Dar Williams
And, for kicks, last year's answers.