Moved to a brand new city. Checked myself into the psych hospital.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Here were my resolutions from last year:
1. Read more. About the same, but more than I had been in previous years.
2. Write more. Yep.
3. Get driver's license. Fail.
4. Exercise more. Probably.
5. Get along better with Mom. Moving out helps.
6. Finish cleaning/packing/trashing in bedroom and living room. Still haven't managed that.
7. Spend less time on the computer and more time with real people. Yep!
8. Get into four-year school. Definitely yes!
9. Move out. Also yes.
10. STAY OUT OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM. Superfail.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
sanity, a love life
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm crap with dates, but important events were getting into Point Park, McKayCon 2011, moving to Pittsburgh, going to the hospital, and withdrawing from Point Park.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into Point Park.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Withdrawing from Point Park (and everything that led up to that).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual, though worse than usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
All the furniture for Character.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
theemdash, mckays_lab, jaiwithani, workownsmysoul, pigsflew, disconun, allandaros
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
Jacob's. My own.
14. Where did most of your money go?
school, Dragon*Con (tickets, hotel, costumes)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
McKayCon, Dragon*Con, school
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
Not really a musical year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Sadder, definitely.
ii. Richer or poorer? Poorer, definitely. I am so broke right now, it's not even funny.
iii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter. I gained a bunch of weight due to the meds the beginning of last year, but that's stabilized out.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Going to class. Spending time with people.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Alone. Psh, it's not so bad.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not exactly. I fell in love with someone in 2010, and that carried over, despite my better judgment. But, then again, what does better judgment have to do with love?
22. How many one-night stands?
Three? Do they count as separate if they're separate events with the same person?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Myself. No, really.
25. What was the best book you read?
Storm Front by Jim Butcher, Old Man's War by John Scalzi
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
my indie women mix on Pandora
27. What did you want and get?
Acceptance at Point Park (the scholarship and apprenticeship were just bonuses)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Green Hornet; wow, I did not see a lot of movies last year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24; I don't remember what I did during the day, but the parentals took me out for dinner.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being crazy. Is it really so much to ask?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone. It's so lonely here.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Psych ERs are really scary places.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm sick but I'm pretty, baby. And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet. "Hand in My Pocket", Alanis Morissette
And, for kicks, last year's answers.